Horsebox Insurance – Eligibility
Drivers should hold the relevant licence for the vehicle being insured.
HGV vehicles – we may request that the driver has held a full HGV licence for a minimum number of months depending on their age and experience. You will be advised at point of quotation.
Young Drivers – we are able to cover young drivers, however drivers aged under 21 years must have held a UK driving licence for a minimum of one year.
Third Party, Fire and Theft cover is only available for horeboxes valued up to and including £5,000, above this value we can only provide Fully Comprehensive cover.
Please note if you fall outside of these conditions or have any specific requiremnets we are always happy to approach underwriters for a quote for your circumstances.
Horsebox Insurance – Cover Available
We offer both fully comprehensive insurance, and more limited cover, third party, fire and theft. Our third party, fire and theft policy is restricted to vehicles valued up to and including £5000, however, during the Covid-19 lockdown this restriction has been lifted and cover can be purchased for all vehicles.
The above policy options are available under the following types of use:
- Social, Domestic and Pleasure Use if you are transporting your own horse(s) and are not doing so in connection with a business.
- Business Use if you will be transporting your own horses but are doing so in connection with your business.
- Hire & Reward if you will be transporting other people’s horses and charging them a fee for doing so.
- The excess on your policy will range from £100 to £250 depending on the value your vehicle. For windscreen damage (under fully comprehensive policies only) the excess is £75.
- The cost of your policy will depend upon the level of cover, vehicles value, number of drivers, previous claims and convictions and the type of use.
For clients who are regularly transporting horses as part of a business then we are able to provide additional insurance, if you choose,to cover your legal liability for the injury or accidental death of a horse not belonging to you. This is usually referred to as Custodial Liability (Care, Custody and Control) and is something we can offer under our Liability Insurance. In addition we can also provide specific cover for Horse Transporters.
Horsebox Insurance – Policy Documents
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions outline the full details of cover available under a KBIS Horsebox Insurance Policy.
Insurance product Information Document (IPID)
The IPID outlines the significant features, benefits, exclusions and limitations of a KBIS Horsebox Policy. It does not contain the full terms and conditions. Please select the correct document for the coverage you have selected.
- Fully Comprehensive Horsebox Insurance Product Information Document
- Third Party Fire and Theft Horsebox Insurance Product Information Document
Horsebox Insurance – Make A Claim
If you need to make a claim on your policy then you need to contact the underwriters ERS direct on the numbers below:
||0330 123 5991
||0345 602 3378
In the event of an accident:
- Phone the appropriate number above immediately.
- Take photographs of damage to all vehicles and the scene of the accident, if safe to do so.
- Note the number of occupants in the other vehicle(s).
- Note the number and details of witnesses.