Our Claims Philosophy
Our client’s claims experience is of great importance to us, which is why we have always placed such strong emphasis on ensuring claims are dealt with clearly, fairly and efficiently. We try to deal with your claim as promptly as possible and communicate effectively so you know how your claim is progressing, helping to alleviate some stress at what can be a very worrying time.
When it comes to equine claims we have a dedicated and knowledgeable team who, when requested, are able to deal direct with your veterinary practice leaving you to concentrate on the treatment and management of your horse. Our aim is to work with yourself, your vet, and when needed our veterinary advisors, to help with the successful treatment of your horse’s injury or illness.
Please follow the simple 4-step guide below if you need to make a claim.
Following these steps will help to ensure that you have complied with the terms of your policy with regards to claims notification. It is important to adhere to these conditions as failure to do so may result in your claim not being paid. Even if you are unsure that the incident will lead to a claim it is important to notify the office as soon as possible after the incident has occurred.
- Mortality Claims – Please note in the case of a mortality claim we will require a post mortem and supporting veterinary report. In the event that your horse has to be put to sleep on humane grounds it is important that the BEVA Guidelines for the destruction of horses under all risks mortality insurance are met. In all cases it is important that, when possible, you contact KBIS prior to euthanasia.
- Third Party Legal Liability – If you need to make a liability claim under a horse policy then you need to speak to KBIS direct as soon as possible on 0345 230 2323
- Horsebox and Breakdown Insurance – If you need to make a claim under your horsebox insurance policy or require assistance under your Breakdown cover then you need to contact the insurer ERS direct. The relevant numbers can be found below.
If an incident occurs that could lead to a claim at a later date you should contact KBIS as soon as possible.
You can contact KBIS by:
UK Telephone No: 0345 230 2323
Outside UK: +44 (0) 1635 247474
View our office opening times here.
Horsebox and Breakdown Insurance
If your claim is in relation to a horsebox or breakdown policy you have with us then you will need to contact the insurers (ERS) claim helpline direct:
ERS Claims Helpline
Accident/Loss – 0330 123 5991
Windscreen – 0345 602 3378
Breakdown – 0800 389 6354
If you have contacted our offices we can arrange for a form to be sent by post including a free post envelope for the return of your form and documentation.
Alternatively you can access a claim form (except for a horsebox, public liability (under a horse policy) or stand alone personal accident claim) via one of the methods below.
1) Download a claim form by visiting the relevant product page and navigating to the ‘Claim Forms’ tab und ethe ‘Features & Documents’ section. You can find all of our products within the product categories below:
- Horse products
- Motor products
- Personal products
- Businesses & Organisations
- Property & Yards
- For Specialist claims, please call us on 0345 230 2323
2) Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email a form by return.
In order for us to process your claim in the most efficient manner it is important that we have all of the relevant documentation to enable us and the insurers to consider the claim in its entirety.
Your claim form will specify what additional documentation is required. Please note for vet fee claims there will be a section on the form that must be completed by the attending vet.
Please note that we are unable to give any indication whether a claim is likely to be paid without the completed claim form and invoices.