Call us for a quote on 0345 230 2323

British Eventing Personal Accident Insurance - FAQ

British Eventing Personal Accident Insurance - FAQ

 How much will a personal accident policy cost?

The cost depends on the level of cover you choose and the level at which you are eventing. As an example, if you are participating at Novice level or below then for level 1 cover you would be looking at £150 for the year.

 Does the policy cover all of my horse riding activities?

Yes, as well as covering you for an accident sustained at a BE event, the policy also provides cover for all of your riding activities. Whether that is hacking or schooling at home, handling horses on the ground, travelling to and from competitions or competing in another discipline. The only exceptions are for racing or any stunt riding or activity related to stunt riding.

The policy does not cover for any accidents sustained outside of your riding activities, for instance falling down the stairs at home.

 Will the policy cover me if I have an accident whilst abroad?

Yes, the policy provides worldwide cover 24/7! It includes repatriation costs up to £5,000 (covering increased travel expenses associated with getting you back home when abroad) but it does not cover any additional medical expenses incurred.

 What cover is included under dental care?

Dental care covers the cost of all necessary dental treatment, up to the limit of indemnity, £2,500, following the loss of or damage to your teeth as a result of an accident.

Cover includes the provision or repair of Dentures, but does not cover the cost of making good faulty workmanship or design of Dentures.

 What is temporary total disablement?

Temporary total disablement (TTD) is a weekly benefit if you sustain an injury that prevents you from carrying out your normal occupation/business. TTD is the most claimed upon benefit on a personal accident policy and is essential cover to have in place. the weekly benefit could help towards the running costs of your business or to pay your bills.

Payments will take effect after the first 21 days of an injury and are payable for up to 104 weeks

 I am a professional rider, will the policy cover me?

Yes, you are covered under the policy as a professional rider and if you are earning a living out of your riding activities.

The temporary total disablement benefit also pays out exactly as shown for the level of cover taken out, unlike some policies where you have to be able to evidence your weekly earnings. Which can be difficult as a self employed riders.

 Will I have to pay an excess?

There is an excess of £100 applicable to both increased travel expenses and loss of equipment. Temporary total disablement is excluded for the first 21 days of each and every disablement.

 Does this policy differ to other personal accident policies?

There are lots of insurance companies which provide personal accident insurance with variable options so, it can be difficult to compare cover.

This policy has been specifically designed for BE members to offer comprehensive cover at a specially agreed price, so for the cover available we think it is a very cost effective option. However, the insurance does not provide cover for any accidents when not riding nor does it cover illness. If these are important benefits to have then consider a different personal accident policy, such as the 'all-of-life' policy KBIS provides.


British Eventing Personal Accident