We caught up with KBIS rider Georgie Strang to hear her top tips to jumping a course with confidence.
- Know where you are going and be able to visualise the course in your mind, and how you want to ride each fence.
- Focus on the quality of the canter, riding a balanced rhythm is key and don’t get obsessed by the distances.
- Look early at the fences, train yourself to feel what the horse is doing underneath you so don’t have to look down at what he is doing.
- If you need to change leads round a turn get organised as early as possible before the next fence, but don’t be afraid to ride counter canter if there isn’t time.
- Have a plan of how to maximise your warm up, this can be discussed with your trainer before you go to suit you and your horse.
KBIS are one of the largest independent horse insurance providers, offering all types of insurance for the equestrian. Our insurance products include horsebox and trailer, breakdown, personal accident, liability, property and horse – including a wide variety of veterinary fee options. You can get a horse insurance quote online or call 0345 230 2323