— Get a Quote —
KBIS Guide to Insurance
In order to help you fully understand the benefits of insurance and the cover that is available we have put together a list of commonly asked questions ranging from general insurance queries to more specific policy related questions. If you cannot find the answer to your question then you can email us and we will do our best to help you with your query.
Below are a selection of questions with regard to general insurance queries which you may find useful if you have not taken out an equestrian insurance before.
- Why should I Insure?
- What should I consider?
- Who can I approach?
- What service will I receive?
- How do I choose which insurance company to use?
- What will I pay?
- What do I do if I need to claim?
- Can I cancel my insurance cover?
- How long does my insurance cover run for?
- What do I do if I am unhappy with my insurance company?
The KBIS Guide to Sport Horse Insurance is a general overview of horse insurance and looks at the seven main areas as outlined underneath . These are the areas in which you can obtain cover under a general horse insurance policy.
If you have a query with regard to a specific area of cover, such as Vet Fee, click on this topic which will take you to a selection of questions and answers
- KBIS Guide to Sport Horse Insurance
- Mortality & Theft
- Vet Fee Cover
- Permanent Loss of Use
- Public Liability
- Personal Accident
- Saddlery and Tack
- Trailer and Horse Drawn Vehicles
KBIS Horsebox Insurance provides the cover needed for social and domestic use, we also offer a breakdown policy which will cover you at home or on the road. Below are some questions to help you to understand the cover available and requirements for horsebox insurance.
- What cover is available?
- How many drivers can I have insured on my policy?
- Are there any age restrictions on the insurance?
- Can I travel horses other than my own in my lorry?
- Can I get breakdown cover with my insurance?
- Can I take my lorry abroad?
- What do i need to make my insurance company aware of?
- What do I do in the event of a claim?
- Horsebox Summary
Liability Insurance covers all areas from events and shows, to yards and businesses and equine professionals. We have separated out the main areas each with their own questions and answers in order to explain the cover options further.
General Liability Insurance Queries
- What cover can I get under Liability insurance?
- What does Limit of Indemnity refer to?
- What is Public Liability Cover?
- What is Employers Liability Cover?
- What is Personal Accident Cover?
- What is Custodial Liability Insurance?
- What happens in the event of a claim?
Equestrian Business Insurance (Livery Yards, Riding Schools)
Do I need a specific Policy for:
- Riding establishment?
- Livery yard?
- Private Yard/Stud?
- Freelance Instructor?
- Course Builder?
- Horse Transporter?
- Cross Country Course Hire?
- What information do I need to relay to insurers?
Events and Show Insurance
- What cover is available?
- Do I need a specific policy for an Affiliated Event?
- If I am running multiple shows do I need a separate policy for each one?
- Can I cover volunteers helping at my event?
- What does event cancellation insurance provide?
- Can I cover hired equipment?
Pony and Riding Club Insurance